The Good Life Cottage Company has cottages in one of the most stunning areas of the country. As owners we are aware that it is our duty to ensure that we retain this wonderful spot for future generations to enjoy just the way it stands today.
We have therefore undertaken to implement to following measures:
1. Reduce, reuse and recycle the waste generated by ourselves and our guests.
2. Green Johanna’s and composters available, please use the green bin provided to collect raw vegetable and fruit matter, plus egg boxes and shells.
3. Recycled paper is use for stationary and toilet paper.
4. Our cleaning team use Eco friendly cleaning materials.
5. We supply all the Cottages with Eco friendly cleaning products.
6. Low energy light bulbs and light dimmers are used wherever possible.
7. We have a no-smoking policy.
8. Be water wise – Please turn off taps when not in use. We have a bedding & towel policy, where we ask that guests put used towels in the bath before departure, saving unneccessary washing.
- We use water saving devices in our cottages and also onsite, watering plants and hanging baskets from water butts located around the properties.
9. Conserve engergy – Reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if the heating is on.
10. Shop Local – Use local products, we have an abundance of amazing local producers of food, drink, arts & crafts in our region. Ask about local markets etc.
11. Much of the surrounding natural common land is left untouched to promote the flourishing of insects, birds and wild animals.
12. Please try not to use your car, if only for a day. Walk, cycle or use public transport. Bus timestables, walks and cycle route details will be left in your cottage.
We are on hand to help our guests learn about the area, all that there is to do here, whether that be activities, eating out or shopping. Our aims are to reduce the impact of Tourism on our landscape while offering our guests a happy experience so that they want return to The Lake District year on year.
Ben & Heather Price